Re: Remailer Operator Liability?

Excerpts from internet.cypherpunks: 17-Jun-96 Re: Remailer Operator
Liabi.. by Duncan [email protected]
> However, even if remailers didn't exist, kiddies could still be unknowingly
> reached via mailing lists (anyone know who came up with the term "email
> exploder" that the Court used instead of "mailing list"?), freenet accounts,
> un- age verified accounts opened anywhere on earth, or borrowed accounts.
> The decision mentioned some of this.

I believe we used the term "email exploder" instead of "mailing list,"
particularly in cross-examination and closing arguments, to convey the
idea that such a device is often used for conversation, not just one-way
communication.

The fight-censorship list (mail exploder?) is part of the lawsuit, and
my sworn testimony included:

  the list sometimes includes material that could be considered
"indecent" or   "patently offensive."  Minors are not excluded from this
list.

-Declan