Re: Remailer Operator Liability?

> (anyone know who came up with the term "email exploder" that the Court
> used instead of "mailing list"?)

The only time I've ever heard the term was in conjunction with the email
sent out by the Clinton campaign during the last election.

I probably misunderstood what was going on, but at the time I assumed that
it was a little different than a mail list.  My impression was that it
was for broadcasting rather than disucssing (ie., only the campaign could
use it), and that it was hierarchical in nature (mail goes to a dozen or a
hundred "exploders" who then send it out to a couple of hundred thousand
individuals).