[Even More Noise]: Re: Those Evil Republicans

Hallam-Baker writes:

 > Given the experience of deregulating Savings and Loans institutions
 > I don't think the country could survive another round of
 > deregulation.

I get really tired of shallow critics of deregulation citing the S&L
problem.  The problem was partial deregulation -- the wolves were let
go: into the sheep's pen.  The S&L's were allowed to make risky
investments, but the American taxpayers still guaranteed their asses.

Phil, your reputation is sinking fast.  I suggest silence on your part.

-russ <[email protected]>    http://www.crynwr.com/~nelson
Crynwr Software sells packet driver support     | PGP ok
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315 268 1925 voice | Corporations persuade;
Potsdam, NY 13676       | +1 315 268 9201 FAX   | governments coerce.