Re: Net and Terrorism.

At 00:37 05/07/96 -0700, Rich Graves wrote:

>Since the two muslims who used to give a shit about this list seem to have
>left in disgust, I suppose I should register my "That ain't representative
>of Islam...

Not so long ago, when Moslems were fighting the Soviet Union in Afghanistan,
they were heroes to the western world, supplied arms and money enough to
destabilise the whole region. Once the Soviet menace faded, the same
fighters were branded terrorists. Mixed signals like this are responsible
for much of the animosity that one finds in the Islamic world (possibly even
in other parts of the world) against the US.

Arun
Arun Mehta Phone +91-11-6841172, 6849103 [email protected]
http://mahavir.doe.ernet.in/~pinaward/arun.htm