Re: [RANT] Giving Mind Control Drugs to Children

At 05:32 PM 7/8/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Tim writes about Ritalin:
>
>>I've been over visiting my friend to see some of this. The Ritalin-sodden
>>kid arrives like a zombie. When the Ritalin wears off, he's rambunctuous,

>Alex, our 8 year old son, uses Ritalin. He doesn't need Ritalin to
>concentrate. He can get caught up in a building project for hours and
>create a masterpiece. He can focus so thoroughly you can't pry him
>loose.
>
>What Alex *can't* do is get comfortably through a day of grammar
>school. I sympathise -- I was the same way when I was that age. I had

Errrrr.

Ever hear of home schooling?

Seems like if your child needs drugs to go to school than perhaps school is
the problem not that your child's body lacks Ritalin.

Sheesh.

So it happens that I was talking with a fellow Saturday who grew up on
Ritalin. He's 36 now and strung out. Life with Ritalin prepared him for
drugs, you know. They were natural. Like the body is made for different
laboratory made molecules with dubious effects. He never got into the hard
stuff (like the opiates) like the anti-drug people promised though. Also
turns out that he now has a neurological disorder that is untreatable and
uncurable. So now he's goes through his days in constant pain courtesy of
the best childhood his wealthy Pacific Palisades Parents could buy.

I wonder if there are any other Ritalin side affects that don't become
prominent until 30 years later?

But than someone who thinks milk is wholesome needs some lessons is
nutrition, anatomy and physiology.

--j