Re: Can't block caller ID in Massachusetts?

On Fri, 12 Jul 1996, Sandy Sandfort wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Jul 1996, Bruce M. wrote:
>
> >     I've heard rumors that some carriers pull their ANI information from
> > CID thereby enabling you to block it just like you would the normal
> > signal.  Other methods of remaining anonymous can be achieved by going
> > through long distance companies that don't pass on ANI information or
> > paying companies who offer you ANI blocking dial-throughs.
>
> Another way to defeat ANI or whatever is to call 800 numbers by
> using a pre-paid calling card.

    It would still be possible for the LD company to just pass through
your information for ANI, although I wonder what percentage actually do.

                      [ Bruce M. - Feist Systems, Inc. ]
     "Official estimates show that more than 120 countries have or are
      developing [information warfare] capabilities." -GAO/AIMD-96-84