Re: Destabilizing China's Government with Strong Crypto

On Sat, 13 Jul 1996, Arun Mehta wrote:

> Look around you: while "civilized", "white" and "man" might characterize the
> cypherpunks. And how does it matter? I'm suggesting an e-mail course that

	I'm trying to get a "civilised white woman" to learn to use
	cryptography.

	At least, I think she is is civilised -- she
	paid for lunch for me one day.  She is female, though that
	doesn't preclude a previous sex-change operation, or two.
	She has a pale skin, and blue eyes, and blond hair,
	but that doesn't mean she isn't Jewish, like Hitler's
	Poster Child of the Aryan Race was.  Her eyes
	may have been colored by wearing colored contact lenses,
	and her hair may have been bleached.  I assume she is white,
	since she has a pale skin.   An official of the
	former regime in South Africa might well have been able
	to classify her as "Cape Colored", "Other Colored",
	"Griqua of Rehobath" or any of the 47 plus racial classifications
	that they used.

	So no, it doesn't matter who reads it, or who writes it,
	distributes it, etc --- so long as it gets done.

	<< I don't know who is being quoted in the following line. >
> >chances are they are already doing things along those lines.
> If they are, its only in pockets,  and they are doing an awful job of
> telling people about it if none of us has heard. The Internet is still very

	They might be doing things the way Brother Andrew did,
	in smuggling Bible behind the Iron Curtain.   Not telling
	the world at large, to protect the smugglers, untill after
	most of their team was arted/detained/granted "persona
	non gratis" status behind the Iron Curtain.

> or the greatness of Kim Jong Il,  and in the process upload all you know
> about the scandal, untraceable to you.

	ROTFLOL.
	OTOH, it will get by pretty much any censor.  << These graphics
	are of our Most Beloved Leader.   This must be an honourable
	upright citizen.  And stenographed in them, is the weekly
	edition of what "Most Beloved Leader" has done against
	his population.  >>

> What I have  in mind is as follows:
> "Building a Cryptobook" lists a number of software packages:
> packaged together as a course or a book, a sort-of "Crypto for Dummies."

	Package it as book, if any government does clamp
	down on the distribution of it as an E-Mail course.
	Or publish a book as a supplement.

        xan

        jonathon
        [email protected]