Chicago Area Cypherpunks Try 2.

     Ok, I'm an idiot. The first time I posted this I forgot that the machine
that the account that the cypherpunks mail goes thru was going to die. In
otherwords, Crash did.

     I recieved a total 5 responses to a suggestion of a cypherpunks meet, and
 this is what I sent them earlier :

     There were 5 respondents, not including [email protected], but he is the
one who first affirmed the idea in my head.

     There may have been more, but my account at crash.suba.com (infact the
whole machine) went away shortly after I posted, so I may have missed some
responces. I am going to post again, so if you got this you don't need to
re-respond. If you didn't get this, please respond and tell me how you are
reading it without getting it.

     Is there anyone else out there who might want to organize this thing?

     I don't mind doing it, but I tend to be a little authoritarian about
these kinds of things. I arrange an almost monthly meeting for a bunch
of freaks on Usenet, and it has been my experience that the best way
of doing these things is simply to announce a time and a place and
stick to it unless there is a _major_ event that causes a change. On the
other group I have the meetings at my house, and my Wife's grand mother
died. Immediate grounds for a change other reasons could be a major
conference that I didn't know about etc. An individual being out of town is
not a reason, at every random event there will be someone who would prefer
a different day.

     The other thing to consider is where to hold the event. There are
a couple of decent pubs/bars here in Chicago, or Coffee Houses. I
would prefer not to hold the first one in my home, because I am paranoid.

     Anyway, a couple of the responses were from out of town, so I think
it might be a good idea to do this on a weekend.

     If you responded, and would like to be in on the discussion, please
re-respond. Sorry for the inconvience and the lousy spelling.

Petro, Christopher C.
[email protected] <prefered for any non-list stuff>
[email protected]