Intl consensus (was Re: How I Would Ban Strong Crypto in the U.S.)

Not really. At the last OECD meeting in Paris a couple of weeks ago,
there was no great love by quite a few countries for key escrow. The
scandavian countries were pretty united against and all sorts of other
raised objections. (tho some of those objections were to the US
ramrodding key escrow through OECD).

BTW. Those wizards at Wired have gotten our favorite spook Stewart Baker
to write an article for an upcome issue talking about how the rest of the
world save Japan loves key escrow and those big bad Japanese are
thwarting the rest of the worlds "consensus". Its quite a load of
inaccurate shit but our effort to rebut it was rejected by wired (I guess
it wasnt trite enough for them).

-d