Re: Responding to Pre-dawn Unannounced Ninja Raids

Timothy C. May wrote:
> As people as diverse as Marine Colonel Jeff Cooper and Watergate felon G.
> Gordon Liddy have noted, any black-clad "ninjas" entering a home at 4 a.m.
> without clearly announcing themselves are asking for trouble. (Liddy got in
> a lot of trouble for calling for "head shots" on rampaging BATFags.
> Frankly, I'm not a good enough shot--especially in high-stress
> situations--to make head shots with my H & K .45, so I can only hope to
> make torso shots.)
>
> It's a mark of what has gone wrong with this country that ordinary citizens
> actually fear the midnight raids, the no-knock searches, the "threat
> suppression" by ninjas.
>
> Personally, I think all folks should be armed at all times in their homes.
> Those who aren't are taking their chances. My personal choice is a Heckler
> & Koch USP .45. loaded with Federal Golden Sabres, a hollowpoint round that
> has a 92% one-shot stop rate, with adequate penetration through Kevlar
> vests (typically worn by BATF raiders). I may die, but I hope I can take at
> least two of them with me. (Interestingly, the same class of folks who want
> to ban "military-grade crypto" are also seeking to ban Kevlar vest-piercing
> rounds. Fortunately, though KTW ammo is no longer available to "marks" (=
> civilians), .45 ACP +P does a pretty good job. Certain +P .357 Magnum
> rounds are even better penetrators, but recoil and muzzle blast is pretty
> severe with these loads.)

Then I also suggest that you install a metal door and put metal cages on
your windows.  That will at least give you some time to wake up if
someone tries to break into your house. Also get a good dog.

Without that, having a gun will not do you much good. It will be more
trouble than itis worth because you cannot understand the situation
quickly enough after you wake up, so you may kill someone peaceful who
entered your home with good intentions, which will get you in jail.  If
you had a metal door, you would have enough time to wake up and assess
the situation.

One-sided approaches to security rarely are successful.

	- Igor.