Re: Netscape download requirements

On Fri, 19 Jul 1996, David Sternlight wrote:
> At 1:47 AM -0700 7/19/96, Cerridwyn Llewyellyn wrote:
> >Allow the government to think that we think it has the right to give
> >us their permission and we've lost everything.  The government should
> >need OUR permission, not the other way 'round.
> That's what happened, or didn't you notice that ITAR is based on laws
> passed by an elected Congress? Didn't you notice that thus far when people
> with one position on the matter have tried to persuade Congress to modify
> ITAR, they have failed? This is a (as far as it goes) a democracy, not a
> 'Llewyellyn and those who agree with him' dictatorship.

     I pledge allegience to this flag and THE REPUBLIC for which it stands.

     REPUBLIC, GET IT? Rule by LAW as opposed to the tyranny of STUPIDITY
called democracy.
     ITAR _may_ be based on laws passed by congress, but since the NSA has
yet to try the ITAR in court, and only uses it to threaten business with,
we don't know how the courts will interpret these rules, much less the laws
that give UNELECTED OFFICIALS the authority to make LAWS.

    Yer an idiot. Not just for what you wrote above, but for just about
everything you've said since you started posting. I had never read any
of your writings before, and they seemed rational so I was inclined to
give you a chance, even tho' I disagreed with you.

    You have proben yourself to be a facist, and AFAIC there is only 1
use for a facist. Ballistic testing.

     Yes, I do know what a facist is, and no, I am not comparing you to
The leader of Germany during WWII.

Petro, Christopher C.
[email protected] <prefered for any non-list stuff>
[email protected]