<rant> Re: Devil's Bargain

On Sun, 21 Jul 1996, John Young wrote:
>    The New York Times, July 21, 1996, WIR, p. 5.
>    The Devil's Bargain of a Better World
>    By Tim Weiner
>    Washington. The arc of the burning plane falling into the
>    ocean, the fire glowing on the dark waters, shed light on
>    how vulnerable we are. When a jumbo jet falls from the sky,
>    technology has failed or terrorism has succeeded.
>    In the hours after Flight 800 went down off Fire Island,
>    everyone in officialdom said there was no reason to believe
>    it was a terrorist attack. Nearly everyone else
>    instinctively believed it was.

     Am I the only one in this country who, when hearing about TWA f800
shrugged his shoulders and thought (or said) "Time flies and aeroplanes
crash" (Name the band and album and I'll be impressed)?

     Shit breaks. When shit breaks or gets broken on an airplane, people
die. People do this (dying, but not on airplane) all the time, rich people
poor people, bright people, stupid people.

     We all will die at some point, it is like taking a shit, everybody
does it, and it has to happen. What is the big deal? I can understand feeling
sad when a loved one dies, or happy when it happens to someone who you think
diserves it, but, like I said it'll happen to all of us sooner or later.

     I won't even go into the amount of coverage this crash got compared to
the inital reports of the value jet crash.

Petro, Christopher C.
[email protected] <prefered for any non-list stuff>
[email protected]