Re: Borders *are* transparent

At 4:50 7/23/96, Paul Foley wrote:
>"Peter Trei" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>   Any one up for a distributed brute force attack on single DES? My
>   back-of-the-envelope calculations and guesstimates put this on the
>   hairy edge of doability (the critical factor is how many machines can
>   be recruited - a non-trivial cash prize would help).
>
>Not quite sure what you mean by "doability" -- it's obviously doable,
>it just depends how long you want to wait.
>
>I'm in.

Same here. I think it is about time for another full scale hack. Breaking
DES would help get our message more than breaking 40bit RC-4 ever did.

-- Lucky Green <mailto:[email protected]> PGP encrypted mail preferred.
   Defeat the Demopublican Unity Party. Vote no on Clinton/Dole in November.
   Vote Harry Browne for President.