Re: Boobytraps and the American Legal System

I think Tim May is growing senile...

[email protected] (Timothy C. May) writes:
> (Later examples were to be even worse. For example, the burglar who climbed
> on a roof and stepped through a skylight. He sued, and won. I guess the
> owner of the property was obligated to install night lights so burglars
> could see their way, and to generally make his property more
> "burglar-friendly."

Actually, he fell through the roof of a school he was trying to burgalize.

In a similar incident a burglar broke into a house that was being treated
for pests (i.e., was full of toxic fumes). He died; his family sued the
owners and won.

Maybe someone can post a reference to these two cases. I recall that both
happened in New York, but I could be wrong.

---