Rush on crypto

snow <[email protected]> wrote:

>     OB Crypto: From what I have heard Mr. Limbaugh _didn't_ like the CDA,
>and if the right person can get to him and convince him properly, he might
>even come out against GAK (if he hasn't already). He has the potential to
>reach millions of _very_ loyal people. It might be worth someones time to
>try to get thru to him.

When Clinton testified in the recent whitewater trial via videotape, it was
reported in the press that the testimony was sent to Arkansas via an
encrypted data link.  Rush commented that it was only a matter of time
before some smart teenager figured out how to decrypt it.  I sent him a
brief email discussing crypto (PGP, etc.) and gave him some links,
explaining why it was not likely that a teenager could decrypt the
transmission.  I never received a reply (didn't expect to however, I am
sure he is inundated with email).  He uses a computer and mentions it often
on his radio show - I think Chris is right, if we could somehow get him to
understand the technology, he would probably be on our side against GAK.

As a libertarian, I find that I agree with Rush on a great many issues
(many more than I have in common with the liberals).  Most of the people
who speak badly of him have never listened to him for any length of time.
Sound bites taken out of context are wonderful for mischaracterization.

	Clay

Clay Olbon II       *      [email protected]
Systems Engineer    *    PGP262 public key on web page
Dynetics, Inc.      * http://www.msen.com/~olbon/olbon.html