Re: "An who shall guard the guardians?"

    > Duncan Frissell <[email protected]> writes:
    >> At 02:46 AM 8/1/96 -0700, Timothy C. May wrote:
    >> >
    >> >The Latin maxim "And who shall guard the guardians?" has some relevance to
    >> >the headlong rush into converting the U.S. into even more of a security
    >> >state than it is now.
    >>
    >> Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

    > Who custodiates the custodians?

Is this not slightly better translated as "who watches the watchers?"?
This is the way I have heard it stated, and it is _WAY_ too long since
I have studied Latin.  One of my great dissapointments is that,
despite having spent my entire school career (less university: I'm
only 20) in private schools, I couldn't take latin or greek except one
year of latin, after which the course was dropped.  Sigh.

-Robin, who really wanted a classical eduation.