Re: "adjust your attitude with their billy club"

    > At 6:28 AM 7/31/96, Alan Horowitz wrote:
    >> I am a strong libertarian. Sell crack cocaine, rent your pussy to horny
    >> middle-aged businessmen, do any non-violent,
    >> non-damaging-to-others-property you want, but damn well maintain public
    >> order and decorum. Or I will scream to my councilman for the cops to
    >> adjust your attitude with their billy club.

Someone please, please, please tell me this guy was being facetious.
Please?  Even if it's not true?  Pretty Please???

In a libertarian society, so-called "public decorum" is dictated by
who owns the property you are sitting on.  If my building code
(i.e. the code of laws set by the person who owns the building I live
in) says I can blast my boombox, your opinion can go to hell: find
another place to live if you don't like it.  Or petition the person
who owns the place.

Burning toxic waste is intrisically damaging to other people,
blasting your boombox is not (unless it is so loud as to actually
cause ear damage to bystanders, but given the volume of music
tolerated at rock concerts, I find this highly unlikely).

-Robin