URGENT: Surveillance Bill Gets New Life - House Vote lLikely TODAY!

(please forward where appropriate)

It's not over yet....

The House has scheduled a vote on "suspension" for a 'counter-terrorism'
bill TODAY (Friday).

Despite media reports that the negotiations had stalled out, house
Republicans have apparently worked out their differences and are set to
vote on the bill today.  The Senate may or may not vote on the measure on
Saturday.

No one I've talked to knows for sure what's in the bill, though I have
heard that there are no encryption provisions and that some of the wiretap
proposals have been scaled back.

I will post details as I get them. In the mean time, keep those calls
coming into Congress.

Jonah

  ** THE FIGHT FOR FREE SPEECH ONLINE CONTINUES TO THE SUPREME COURT **
      It's not too late to be a part of history -- Join the Lawsuit
         <http://www.cdt.org/ciec>   --    <[email protected]>

--
Jonah Seiger, Policy Analyst           Center for Democracy and Technology
<[email protected]>                           1634 Eye Street NW, Suite 1100