Re: Bombs & bomb threats in LA

I remember seeing an item on TV that had mentioned an acid bomb (it was a
news report about a public access TV show that was showing people how to
make bombs).  In this example, some common chemicals were mixed together,
tightly closed, and moments later an explosion occured.  They never said
the chemicals, for all I know it could have been lemon juice and baking
soda in a sealed container, a la Dry Ice bomb...  It didn't look like a
bomb of mass destruction, more of a loud bang and a smallish explosion...

Sean

On Fri, 2 Aug 1996, Conrad Walton wrote:

> >and everyplace else all the news.answers FAQs are stored. What, precisely, is
> >an acid bomb? Also note the standard blame-the-Internet (not, say, increased
> >irritation with government after the Republicans failed to reduce it)
> >rhetoric.
>
> i'm not exactly sure what an acid bomb is, but according to my book, The
> Anarchist Cookbook, that I bought in 1972 (was the internet around back
> then?), there is a compound called "picric acid" that is "more powerful
> than TNT, but has some disadvantages".

Sean Walberg                              [email protected]
The Web Guy                  http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~umwalber
UNIX Group, U. of Manitoba          PGP Key Available from Servers