Re: [off-topic] roving wiretaps

At 1:52 8/2/96, David Wagner wrote:

>I don't get it.  Help me out here-- how can this possibly be constitutional?
>
>I'm reading the Fourth Amendment to our honored Constitution of the United
>States, which proclaims
>
>        [...]
>        no warrants shall issue,
>        but upon probable cause,
>        supported by oath or affirmation,
>        and *particularly describing the place to be searched*,
>        and the persons or things to be seized.
>
>Are we just to strike out that emphasized phrase?  What's going on here?
>Someone tell me I'm not just having a bad nightmare.

The Fourth Amendment has been abolished by the Supreme Court for all
intends and purposes. It remains listed in the Constitution for historic
reasons only.

-- Lucky Green <mailto:[email protected]> PGP encrypted mail preferred.
   Defeat the Demopublican Unity Party. Vote no on Clinton/Dole in November.
   Vote Harry Browne for President.