Re: A Libertine Question

On Fri, 2 Aug 1996, Alan Horowitz wrote:
> We require property owners who don't have city-sewage hookups, to install
> their septic tanks and maintain them in certain defined configurations
> which estop them from contaminating the neighbor's well. I don't know if
> that's a good idea or not - but I haven't seen sentiment against sewage
> regulation of property owners.
> So why should we be terribly upset about an ordinance which makes it
> illegal to operate a residential kitchen and a residential sewge-disposal
> operation in a city park or a city sidewalk?

     As long as you are enforcing it on everyone, I don't think you'd have a
problem, but to force some one from cooking food for homeless people, and
allow a family barbeque, is IMO wrong. If it is unsafe/unsanitary to cook
food in a certain way, it is unsafe/unsanitary. Selective enforcement is
wrong.

     Force the yuppies on a sunday afternoon barbeque to get a permit and
see how long the law lasts.

Petro, Christopher C.
[email protected] <prefered for any non-list stuff>
[email protected]