Pipe bombs vs high explosives.

Does anyone have any experimental information comparing an
untamped high explosive with a pipe bomb?

A pipe bomb is a device for getting a decent explosion
out of a low explosive, such as gunpowder.

A low explosive combusts relatively slowly.  The purpose
of the pipe is to hold it together for long enough to get
decent pressure.

Homemade low explosives tend to be even more feeble
than manufactured low explosives, because it is inadvisable
for amateurs to recorn their powder, with the result that
home made powders burn slow, whereas homemade high
explosives are just as effective as manufactured high
explosives.

My theoretical expectation is that pipe bombs would be
very ineffectual when compared to high explosives,
especially using home made powders.

Note that very large pipe bombs can be made by using
propane cylinders or compressed gas cylinders in
place of pipes.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   [email protected]