Hoax: A ban on cryptography?

My mailer thinks the e$pam list pulled this from cypherpunks:

>>                                             S.1666

 Department of Commerce Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 1997 (Passed by the
 Senate) <<

And this is bogus, and as far as I can tell not a typo, it's complete hokum.

S.1666 is an obscure bill about courts in Utah.

A search of http://thomas.loc.gov on "encryption" reveals the expected bills,
PRO-CODE etc.

A search for the DoC Authorization Act reveals nothing, as far as I can tell
this bill has not been drafted let alone passed. I don't know enough about how
the DoC is funded to know if they get their own Authorization Act or receive
authorizations piecemeal and by the reconciliation.

Again, this is bogus.

!^NavFont02F02350014QGHHG|MG~HG85QG87HI}2126