Re: Hoax: A ban on cryptography?

The "hoax" is a dramatization of possible legislation based on the
language used in Di Fi's anti-bomb-making-rhetoric legislation proposed
and passed in the Senate.

I posted that bill, and asked the list if anyone knew the status.  Tim
May responded with the dramatized crypto version and asked "What is the
status of _this_ bill" [emphasis added] .... and if I interpret
correctly, the intent was

1. to chide
2. to dramatize

What if that WERE a bill being proposed??