Re: Stealth Buildings Was Re: "X-Ray Gun" for imperceptible searches

If foil or metal mesh would block it, then many recently built houses
would be already set.  Usually that 1/2 - 1 inch styrofoam used
on almost all exterior walls has a reflective layer of foil to help
keep the heat/cold out.

Then again, this sounds like hype-ed up infra-red technology
to me, in which case seeing through walls is B.S.

Dan

> At 06:56 PM 8/12/96 EDT, you wrote:
> Since metal blocks the waves and stands out on the screen one could affectively
> block its use by putting up a fine metal mesh on the interior of all walls
> that are exterior to the house.  The same could be said for clothing that
> looks normal but has a metal mesh liner, like say a trench coat.
>
> >	I would wonder if a jamming device (preferably area-effect with a
> >slowly randomly varying swathe of area, to avoid figuring out who was carrying
> >it) would be possible, or some variety of shielding (i.e., emitting waves
> >looking similar to flesh).
> >	-Allen

Dan Oelke                                  Alcatel Network Systems
[email protected]                             Richardson, TX