WinSock Remailer Now Available By E-Mail

The first alpha release of the WinSock Remailer is now available via
e-mail.  Due to problems setting up user authentication on my homepage
at

  http://www.c2.net/~winsock/

I have decided to distribute it via e-mail until I can get user
authentication working.

In order for you to receive the WinSock Remailer, I have to be reasonably
sure that you are a US or Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
Therefore, you will need to review a copy of the License Agreement and
fill out the required information.  Then clear-sign the agreement with PGP
and mail it to me at [email protected].  Don't forget to tell me where I can
find your PGP public key so that I can check the signature.  No signed
license agreement, no remailer.

In order for me to have a good feeling that you are not a foreign national,
I need to have the following information check out:

a.  Verify that your address is within the boundaries of the US or Canada.
    I will do this by checking if you are in a public address database such
    as "88 Million Households Phone Book".
b.  Verify that your name and e-mail address is the same as in your public
    key.

This is basically the same method that Netscape is using at:

  http://wwwus.netscape.com/eng/US-Current/

to verify citizenship or permanent residency, but the process is not
automated.

I don't like having to enforce clearly unconstitutional ITAR regulations,
but I'm not ready for an extended stay at Club Fed.

- ---------------------------cut here-----------------------------------
WinSock Remailer License Agreement

This is the license agreement between Joey Grasty and the end user
of the WinSock Remailer.

Name of User: <your name>
Street Address:  <your street address>
Phone Number: <your phone number>
E-mail Address: <your e-mail address>
Where to find your PGP Public Key: <instructions>

1. Joey Grasty grants to you a non-exclusive, non-sublicensable,
license to use this Alpha version of the WinSock Remailer (the
"Software"), in binary executable form for evaluation and trial use
purposes only.

2. JOEY GRASTY MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY OF THIS
SOFTWARE OR ABOUT ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION MADE ACCESSIBLE BY THE
SOFTWARE, FOR ANY PURPOSE.  THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITHOUT
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY
AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT.  THIS SOFTWARE
IS PROVIDED GRATUITOUSLY AND, ACCORDINGLY, JOEY GRASTY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE
UNDER ANY THEORY OR ANY DAMAGES SUFFERED BY YOU OR ANY USER OF THE
SOFTWARE.  JOEY GRASTY DOES NOT HAVE ANY OBLIGATION TO SUPPORT THIS
SOFTWARE OR ISSUE ANY UPDATES IN THE FUTURE.

3. While Joey Grasty intends to distribute a commercial release of the
Software, Joey Grasty reserves the right at any time not to release a
commercial release of the Software or, if released, to alter prices,
features, specifications, capabilities, functions, licensing terms,
release dates, general availability or any other characteristics of the
commercial release as he sees fit.

4. Title, ownership rights, and intellectual property rights in and to
the Software shall remain in Joey Grasty and/or its suppliers.  You agree
to abide by the copyright law and all other applicable laws of the
United States including, but not limited to, export control laws.

5. Joey Grasty may terminate this License at any time by delivering notice
to you and you may terminate this License at any time by destroying or
erasing your copy of the Software and notifying Joey Grasty of this action
forthwith.  This License is personal to you and you agree not to assign your
rights herein.  This License shall be governed by and construed in accordance
with the laws of the State of Florida and, as to matters affecting copyrights,
trademarks and patents, by U.S.  federal law.  This License sets forth the entire
agreement between you and Joey Grasty.

6. Use, duplication or disclosure by the Government of any locality, state
or country, its elected officials or employees, is forbidden.

7. You may not download or otherwise export or reexport the Software or
any underlying information or technology except in full compliance with
all United States and other applicable laws and regulations.  In
particular, but without limitation, none of the Software or underlying
information or technology may be downloaded or otherwise exported or
reexported (i) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Haiti,
Iraq, Libya, Yugoslavia, North Korea, Iran, or Syria or (ii) to anyone
on the US Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals
or the US Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders.  By downloading
the Software, you are agreeing to the foregoing and you are
representing and warranting that you are not located in, under control
of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.

8. JOEY GRASTY OR ITS SUPPLIERS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR (a) INCIDENTAL,
CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES OF ANY SORT, WHETHER ARISING IN
TORT, CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF JOEY GRASTY HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE
POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR (b) FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY OTHER PARTY. THIS
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL
INJURY TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS SUCH LIMITATION. FURTHERMORE,
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR
CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS LIMITATION AND EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO
YOU.

9.  HIGH RISK ACTIVITIES.  The Software is not fault-tolerant and is not
designed, manufactured or intended for use or resale as on-line control
equipment in hazardous environments requiring fail-safe performance, such
as in the operation of nuclear facilities, aircraft navigation or
communication systems, air traffic control, direct life support machines,
or weapons systems, in which the failure of the Software could lead
directly to death, personal injury, or severe physical or environmental
damage ("High Risk Activities").  Joey Grasty and its suppliers specifically
disclaim any express or implied warranty of fitness for High Risk
Activities.

Clear-sign this agreement with your PGP public key and e-mail it to
[email protected].

Thank you for your patience with this crude form of distribution.

Regards,

--
Joey Grasty
[email protected] [home -- encryption, privacy, RKBA and other hopeless causes]