Re: WinSock Remailer Now Available By E-Mail

I would be happy to distribute it from my site, along side Mixmaster.

        -Lance

At 3:15 PM 8/13/96, Joey Grasty wrote:

>The first alpha release of the WinSock Remailer is now available via
>e-mail.  Due to problems setting up user authentication on my homepage
>at
>
>  http://www.c2.net/~winsock/
>
>I have decided to distribute it via e-mail until I can get user
>authentication working.
>
>In order for you to receive the WinSock Remailer, I have to be reasonably
>sure that you are a US or Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
>Therefore, you will need to review a copy of the License Agreement and
>fill out the required information.  Then clear-sign the agreement with PGP
>and mail it to me at [email protected].  Don't forget to tell me where I can
>find your PGP public key so that I can check the signature.  No signed
>license agreement, no remailer.
>
>In order for me to have a good feeling that you are not a foreign national,
>I need to have the following information check out:
>
>a.  Verify that your address is within the boundaries of the US or Canada.
>    I will do this by checking if you are in a public address database such
>    as "88 Million Households Phone Book".
>b.  Verify that your name and e-mail address is the same as in your public
>    key.
>
>This is basically the same method that Netscape is using at:
>
>  http://wwwus.netscape.com/eng/US-Current/
>
>to verify citizenship or permanent residency, but the process is not
>automated.
>
>I don't like having to enforce clearly unconstitutional ITAR regulations,
>but I'm not ready for an extended stay at Club Fed.
>
>- ---------------------------cut here-----------------------------------
>WinSock Remailer License Agreement
>
>This is the license agreement between Joey Grasty and the end user
>of the WinSock Remailer.
>
>Name of User: <your name>
>Street Address:  <your street address>
>Phone Number: <your phone number>
>E-mail Address: <your e-mail address>
>Where to find your PGP Public Key: <instructions>
>

>1. Joey Grasty grants to you a non-exclusive, non-sublicensable,
>license to use this Alpha version of the WinSock Remailer (the
>"Software"), in binary executable form for evaluation and trial use
>purposes only.
>
>2. JOEY GRASTY MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY OF THIS
>SOFTWARE OR ABOUT ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION MADE ACCESSIBLE BY THE
>SOFTWARE, FOR ANY PURPOSE.  THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITHOUT
>EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY
>AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT.  THIS SOFTWARE
>IS PROVIDED GRATUITOUSLY AND, ACCORDINGLY, JOEY GRASTY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE
>UNDER ANY THEORY OR ANY DAMAGES SUFFERED BY YOU OR ANY USER OF THE
>SOFTWARE.  JOEY GRASTY DOES NOT HAVE ANY OBLIGATION TO SUPPORT THIS
>SOFTWARE OR ISSUE ANY UPDATES IN THE FUTURE.
>
>3. While Joey Grasty intends to distribute a commercial release of the
> [...]

Lance Cottrell   [email protected]
PGP 2.6 key available by finger or server.
Mixmaster, the next generation remailer, is now available!
http://www.obscura.com/~loki/Welcome.html or FTP to obscura.com

"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly
it flips over, pinning you underneath.  At night the ice
weasels come."
                        --Nietzsche