Re: Anguilla - A DataHaven?

On Fri, 16 Aug 1996, jonathon wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Aug 1996, William Knowles wrote:
>
> > Something that I thought would make an excellent data haven would
> > be older offshore oil platforms, Their size would allow extended
>
> 	These used to be the recommended way to go.
>
> 	If you have the cash, the cheapest way to go, is to just
> 	buy an island somewhere, and setup shop.   << Can I
> 	suggest buying Redonda?   >>

Where is Redonda on the map, I'm too lazy to look it up,
The group working on the Oceania Project tried to find an
accommodating country that would allow them to run as a soverign
nation, Last I heard they were planning to purchase a former
hospital ship and refurbish it.

> > (possibility for becoming its own country?) and with the hoops
>
> 	CF:   _How to create your own country_  distributed
> 	by Loompanics Press, for some of the problems that
> 	are encountered in trying to do this.

About now I am feeling like Woody Allen in 'Bananas' I'll find
Tim May becoming 'El Presidente' alerting everybody on the island
that their underwear will be worn on the outside, A yearly gift
of his weight in discarded AOL disks, and that everyone must own
a hot-tub just like his  :)

Cheers!

William Knowles
[email protected]

--
William Knowles    <[email protected]>
PGP mail welcome & prefered / KeyID 1024/2C34BCF9