Re: Spamming (Good or Bad?)

On Or About 20 Aug 96, 18:09, Rich Graves wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Aug 1996, Vipul Ved Prakash wrote:
>
> > I don't know if there has been much discussion on the ethics of
> > spamming here? Is spamming free speech?
>
> Yes.
>
> So is mailbombing the motherfucker, or more productively, virtually
> picketing his ISP until they kick him off for net abuse

That is the kind of self righteous crap that gives me the creeps!!!

> Ethically? We don't talk ethics much here, but I'd say it's highly
> unethical to abuse a service paid for by the pooled resources of
> many.

I pay for my net access.  I pay for my Sunday paper, it's full of ads
too!!  Ethics???  Let's rat out on the EVIL spammers!!  Let's turn
them into thier ISP!!!  That's a load of CRAP!!!!

Ross

Ross Wright
King Media: Bulk Sales of Software Media and Duplication Services
http://www.slip.net/~cdr/kingmedia
Voice: 415-206-9906