Re: Husband/Wife jailed for saying Clinton Sucks

At 5:32 AM 8/21/96, Z.B. wrote:

>Published in Washington, D.C.   July 9, 1996
>Insult to Clinton leads to 2 arrests

>By Ruth Larson
>THE WASHINGTON TIMES
>[A] Chicago-area couple were arrested on charges of
>    disorderly conduct and interrogated for more than
>12 hours last week, simply because the woman told
>President Clinton exactly what she thought of him.
>  Last Tuesday, Mr. Clinton made an impromptu stop at
>the "Taste of Chicago" festival in Grant Park at
>midafternoon.
>  According to her husband, Patricia Mendoza, angered
>and upset by the recent deaths of 19 U.S. airmen in
>Saudi Arabia, told the president, "You suck, and
>those boys died!"

Thanks for passing this on. So much for "free speech" in a formerly free
country.

I've modified my .sig yet again, to include the Verboten Phrase.

Clinton is truly looking like a power-mad fool. Still, I hope he wins in
November. (I want to see a real impeachment, as the Arkansas news continues
to come out.)

By the way, the case against Richard Jewell, "THE ATLANTA BOMBER!!!!,"
continues to crumble...the voice on the 911 call doesn't match his, he
couldn't have gotten to the phone at the time the call was made, and the
hordes of investigators who tore his apartment apart (and his cabin, and so
on) found no real evidence (just the "profile" evidence: some gun
magazines, a photo of him cradling an AR-15, his weight, and probably a
subscription to The Playboy Channel).

Further, experts point out that if Jewell was working with an accomplice
(to make the phone call), this blows all conventional theories of a
"would-be hero" out of the water: the last thing such a would-be hero wants
is an accomplice, who shares in the risk but gets none of the credit, and
who could turn him in.

Finally, even CNN is picking up the "CIA supplied drugs to L.A. gangs"
story that the "San Jose Mercury News" ran a few days ago. Nothing in this
story was a real surprise to me, as I listen occasionally to Dave Emory on
the radio. Emory is no raving lunatic, in my opinion (I've met him a couple
of times). The connections with the Mena, Arkansas airfield are of course
quite interesting.

--Tim May

Illegal speech if said to Herr Clinton: "You suck, and those boys died!"