Re: The POUCH

JOHN E. HOLT enscribed thusly:

> The Pouch uses a 64 x 64 block product cipher, a 1024 bit random initialization
> vector and the CBC technique.  Most experts agree that such an implementation is highly resistant to all forms of cryptographic attack.
> Hellman and Dilfie rely on knowing the algorithm for their known plain text attacks
> An unpublished algorithm forces them into reverse engineering the computer
> programs to learn the algorithm. The POUCH has many roadblocks built in
> to prevent this.

	An unpublished algorithm mean that it's worthless snakeoil that
depends on obfuscation until it is successfully reverse engineered (which
you just set yourself up as a prime target) and then all of your chumps
(ahh..  clients) get raped.  I wouldn't even look at it and would advise
all of my clients to avoid it like the plague...

--
 Michael H. Warfield    |  (770) 985-6132   |  [email protected]
  (The Mad Wizard)      |  (770) 925-8248   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/