(Fwd) Re: New file system

I'm not on the list currently, but I this person is looking for info on
putting filesystems in other files and I no longer have the refs to
what some members of the list were doing.

At 12:38 PM 7/26/96 +0000, you wrote:
>On 26 Jul 96 at 3:07, [email protected] wrote:
>
>> I ask this here since I can't find anywhere else to ask this.
>
>> I'm looking for / thinking about writing a library that allows
>> for a file system to exist inside of a single file (much
>> like the microsoft OLE document).  This is needed for a project
>> of mine.
>
>Check the Linux 2.0 distribution. I believe it allows this.  There's
>also some cypherpunks talk recently about hiding encrypted
>filesystems in other files, so you may want to check the archives in
>hks.net.

Could you give me a good site to look into this? I tried coast.net with
no luck since the source is spread over a good number of directorys.

>> Requirements:
>>
>>    Mulitiple files and a hiarchial directory reside in a single
>> file.
>>
>>    The file starts out as small as possible then it becomes
>> bigger as more files and directorys are added to it.
>>
>>    The files inside the file system can be added, renamed,
>> delete, moved, fragged.  (there must be a way to defrag the
>> files)
>>
>>    Each file in the file system can have mulitiple streams much
>> like the NTFS file system.
>>
>> End of requirements.
>>
>>    Does anyone know of a library like this and if so where
>> if not does anyone have any ideas on how this could work.
>> Currently i'm looking at modiling the system after the
>> UNIX file system.
>>
>> Any ideas / comments please respond by email to:
>> [email protected].
>>
>> Use subject: 'Re: New file system'
>>

>> e-mail: [email protected]

---
No-frills sig. Befriend my mail filter by sending a message with the subject "send help"
Key-ID: 5D3F2E99 1996/04/22 [email protected] (root@magneto)
Send a message with the subject "send pgp-key" for a copy of my key.