Re: mailing lists

On Thu, 12 Sep 1996, HipCrime wrote:
> Well, "doctor" why can't you see (with your logic) that junk Email (or
> "spam") would save many, many forests if it REPLACED junk SnailMail.
> Isn't it just that your "irrelevant feelings" have been hurt, because
> someone used your remailer-baby in a way you hadn't planned for ?!?
> Why not put your money where your mouth is, and bet me (any amount),
> that spam WILL be socially acceptable by the year 2000.  Particularly,
> when the green-folks discover how many trees will be saved.  It'll be
> a social-mandate, NOT just a suggestion.  Want to bet?

     I'll accept junk email when it costs more to send it than recieve it.
I don't have to pay for my incoming snail mail service. Most do for email.
You are speaking on my dime, and that isn't FREE SPEECH. You want to talk,
you pay.

Petro, Christopher C.
[email protected] <prefered for any non-list stuff>
[email protected]