Re: Wealth Tax vs. Capital Gains Tax Reduction

My comment on the below: For an excellent overview of what the *really*
big guys with the *really* big jobs (asst. sec. of state, undersec. of
treasury, etc.) have in mind, try to get a video of something called the
"World Economic Development Council" meeting, hosted by Nicholas Brady,
Lawrence Summers et al, somewhere around Nov. 1992, and broadcast on
C-Span. Despite the personal appearance of all the heavy hitters, the
look of the program is akin to "Alphaville" or some such film.

When you watch, you'll think you've entered the Twilight Zone, but the
Alphaville look won't be the main reason for that. Allow me to
paraphrase just one of the juicy offerings from Mr. Summers: "When we
get this thing in place, if any of those blah blah blah countries gives
us any shit, we'll jerk the rug out from under them in a heartbeat.",
or, in the words of the infamous Joey the Hit Man, "We'll crush 'em like
a bug".

In any case, this video is the very best example I've seen of the
opposing point of view to T.C. May's Crypto Anarchy. Chilling, in a
word.