[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Paradox: NO OPPRESSION IN AMERICA
Those of you who took Logic 1001 will recall the paradox known as
"The Heap" which goes like this:
1. A single grain of sand does not constitute a heap of sand.
2. You can create a heap from a non-heap by adding a single grain of sand.
3. Therefore, there is *NO SUCH THING* as a heap of sand.
You with me here? Okay, this is important, because the public actually does
think like this:
1. Our current society in America is not oppressive. (generally accepted)
2. You cannot change a non-oppressive society into an oppressive society
by removing one liberty from its citizens. (also generally accepted)
3. Therefore, it is not possible for America to become an oppressive society.
Douglas B. Renner