Re: Snooping ISP admin??

> Greetings All,
>
> Question for the group:  I have encountered a situation that causes me
> to believe an ISP is snoopingthrough encrytped mail.  It seems that
> PGP'd mail has aroused the curiosity of an ISP (not hooked.net).. I have
> encountered "POP3 account in use by another user" several times in the
> past few days and I am the only user... wondering if that "in use"
> messsage is the result of a clumsy sysadmin being caught with his hand
> in the cookie jar.  Any thoughts from the group???  If those more
> knowledgeable than I deem these NOISE... my sincere apologies.

An admin could just copy the mail spool file to a safer place, then read
through at their leisure.

Unless its someone totally clueless (which some ISP's are), I doubt that
they are pulling off the pop3d.  It could be that your mail spool file is
locked by a mail transport agent, and that is why that error message is
occuring.

Any thoughts?