Re: SAY WHAT? [Hallam-Baker demands more repudiations or he'll write!]

On Wed, 25 Sep 1996, Dale Thorn wrote:

> I understood the intent of AP was to take powers the government is
> already exercising (unconstitutionally), and merely transfer some of
> them to the people, as it were.
>
> Isn't this true democracy (if a rather perverse kind)?

Not really- however, no matter what it is, it isn't a Libertarian scheme,
as libertarian philosophy holds that those powers are the defining
characteristic of goverment; AP doesn't abolish governments, it creates
lots of little governments which don't even have to pretend to be
democracies.

Simon