new mailing list: solving spam problem

a new list dedicated to trying to solve the problem of spam
just popped up, and may be of interest to some here--

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Mon, 30 Sep 1996 16:01:08 -0400 (EDT)
From: Chris Rapier <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Subject: Anti-Spam BOF Mail List

I've decided to take some initiative and set up a real mailing list for
the discussion on spamming. I would like to see us take some sort of
action at the next IETF and maybe get some rough ideas about what is
and/or isn't possible in dealing with this problem.

If you would like to join the mailing list send mail to

   [email protected]

with

   subscribe spam-list [prefered address]

in the body.

If you have any problems subscribing let me know. Also, this mailing list
superceeds the one I set up and announced around an hour ago. Anyone who
has alrteady sent requests to that mailing list will be added to this new
one.

Chris Rapier
Senior Sysadmin/Cabin Boy 2nd Class
Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center