Re: Clipper III on the table

On Tue, 1 Oct 1996, Tom Weinstein wrote:

> Lucky Green wrote:
> >
> > Note that the second article stated that the administration will allow
> > the use of stronger cypto than 56 bit once GAK is in place. If this is
> > true, much of the current industry resistance is likely to evaporate.
> > Even the promise might suffice.
>
> Don't bet on it.

Allow me to say here that I do not belive that Netscape will be amongst
those fooled so easily. But IBM, HP, TIS, and others have already been
fooled. The USG does not need to get every software company to agree with
their proposal. Divide and conquer. Seems that the USG has done a
marvelous job of D&C so far.

--Lucky