boycott GAKkers (was Re: NYT on IBM GAK)

Rich <[email protected]> writes:

> [...]
>
> The word "boycott" leaped into my mind.  I personally do not believe that I
> will be buying products from any of these companies, as long as thay
> participate in this GAK charade.

It might be worth people in the US who have connections with any of
the companies who have been reported as signing on to GAK asking their
CEOs, etc. for a statement on the company position wrt GAK.  (To make
sure the boycott is justified, and not the result of bad reporting).

If their reports confirm a pro-GAK stance, their company should be
added to the list of shunned.

Perhaps cypherpunks who currently work for the companies in question
could also find out the story.  If they have an option, they could
perhaps leave in protest, stating GAK governmen sell out as the reason
in their resignation letter.

(I've seen HP, Sun, RSADSI, TIS, Apple, Atalla, DEC, Groupe Bull, IBM,
NCR Corp., and UPS mentioned).  Any confirmations?  Denials?

Adam