Re: How to Compete under Clipper-3

On Thu, 3 Oct 1996, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> For those that don't follow this, people who don't want to have their
> communications listened in on are free to buy high quality
> communications security products from SSH Communications Security, Ltd.
> Their stuff is distributed internationally by Datafellows, and
> includes 3DES, 128 bit IDEA, and plenty of other high quality crypto
> products -- you configure it for the cipher of your choice. Key
> management is handled with arbitrary key length RSA -- you, the user,
> tune the length of the key, not the NSA.
>
> The software is available free for noncommercial use and can be
> downloaded on the net. Commercial users must pay a license fee.

And if anyone is so inclined, Alan Cox is/was working on taking the last
set of free(*) ssh source (1.2.13) and bugfixing it to keep in step with
the commercial distribution (at least).

You'll still have to pay for the Windows SSH client, though.

* That's GNU free, folkx

--
\/\ Lab.NET | Ryan Smith-Roberts - I speak for Lab.NET, so NYAAH!
/\/  we do  |     [email protected]    - http://www.lab.net/~rsr

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans
of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the
shaking becomes a warning, it is by caffeine alone I set my mind in
motion.