RE: AW: Binding cryptography - a fraud!

Eric Verheul <[email protected]> writes:
[...]
>The whole problem is that you don't trust your government, well I do (till
>some
>extend). I get the impression that this is a typical USA problem.

This is a typical problem with people who have had some experience with
freedom (however limited), most of these people happen to be Americans.
Governments are run by people, so why are these people any more worthy
of trust than the hacker who lives next door?  Part of the reason for American
distrust of government agencies is that these organizations have a history
of abusing the powers entrusted to them.  Unless there is a proven need for
these capabilities why give up such liberties?  If we wanted to be EuroSheep
we would be living over there.

jim