Re: Comment on binding cryptography (2)

At 05:41 PM 10/16/96 MET, Bert-Jaap Koops wrote:
> I haven't yet made up my mind how the crypto problems for law
> enforcement are to be addressed. It's my Ph.D. subject, and all I can
> say at present is that the issue is complex.

Before addressing the problems of crypto, how about addressing the
problems of opaque envelopes in snail mail.

Opaque envelopes not only facilitate criminal conspiracies in the
same way that crypto does, it also makes possible such things as
letter bombs, which have no crypto equivalent.

The solution:   Mandatory tranparent envelopes.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   [email protected]