RE: "Countless third world deaths"--who cares?

Hard Media <[email protected]> wrote:
>Citibank is a major player in the third world debt crisis.
[Thomas Bass interviewing Citibank's Walter Wriston]

"Timothy C. May" <[email protected]> wrote:
>Money was lent for economic development projects...some worked,
>some didn't.  Lenders of money don't "cause" deaths. People are
>responsible for their own actions, mostly. If their governments are
>corrupt, they need to replace those governments.

 In Re: Stopping the buying of candidates
"Timothy C. May" <[email protected]> wrote
>Our political system is already in thrall to various special interests;
> [...] So be it. Let the highest bidder buy the government he can.

In RE: wired wankers
Dale Thorn <[email protected]> wrote:
>These are very serious folks [Wriston et al.]. [...]
> Don't get in their way unless you have an angel on your side.
>An angel with a bag of cash, actually.

In Re: Timmy May is a jerk
"Timothy C. May" <[email protected]> wrote:
>I guess I'm not much of a joiner. I never donated to the United Way

"Timothy C. May" <[email protected]> wrote:
>If this sounds harsh, so be it.
>Cypherpunks is not about redistributing wealth.

Ahh, but you don't really believe this. Your vision of cypherpunks is all about
redistributing wealth. Just not in the sense you speak of.

There is naivete and then there is complicity.

James