Re: Dr. Vulis is not on cypherpunks any more

> The short answer is, No.

Their problem.

> More specifically, we constantly have
> a stream of new readers sampling Cypherpunks.  Some are
> technically sophisticated; some are not.  In either case, new
> readers do not have the historical perspective not to fall for
> Dimitri's big lies.

It is not a requirement in a libertarian forum to tell the truth.

You also seem to be implying that people need protecting from
Dimitri, much the same authoritarian argument we hear from govt.
about people needing to be protected from porn/drugs/free spech etc.

> Nor do they have any way of know what an
> abberation his sort of behavior is on this list.  "So this is
> what Cypherpunks are like," would be a sad, but understandable
> misinterpretation of what we're all about.  What John did was
> appropriate.

I understand the point here but I suggest a note at the top of the
"welcome to cypherpunks" note every new subscriber gets explaining
who Dimitri is and how to set up their mailer software to block his
posts.

  Datacomms Technologies web authoring and data security
       Paul Bradley, [email protected]
  [email protected], [email protected]
       Http://www.cryptography.home.ml.org/
      Email for PGP public key, ID: 5BBFAEB1