Re: Censorship on cypherpunks

Dimitri "Too Hot for Cypherpunks" Vulis writes:
> Does saying "The list owner should not kick people off the list for speech"
> violate the list owner's right to free speech? That depends on whether plug-
> pulling (and mailbombing and ping-storming and other obnoxious behavior)
> is speech.

The entire, highly recursive question of free speech versus censorship
relies almost entirely on the assumption that human beings can be
controlled.

The observation that certain behavior is obnoxious arises from an
inability to control one's own environment at a basic level.  Issues
such as this have nothing to do with mailing lists or net.protocol,
except as vehicles of expression for human conditioning which is
already present.

Until the fly can be tolerated, removing the shit will only serve
to turn one's attention to a new annoyance.
------
Dave Hayes - Altadena CA, USA - [email protected]
Freedom Knight of Usenet - http://www.jetcafe.org/~dave/usenet

In a dark alley, a pickpocket tried to snatch Nasrudin's purse. There was a
violent struggle, but eventually Nasrudin got the thief pinned on the ground.
At this moment, a charitable woman passing called out: "You bully, let the
little man up and give him a chance!"
"Madam," panted Nasrudin, "you ignore the trouble which I have had getting
him down."