Re: [NOISE]Re: Dr. Vulis; John was right!

On Mon, 4 Nov 1996, Ray Arachelian wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Nov 1996, Derek Bell wrote:

> > 	I'm not happy with the barring of Vulis from the list: sure he was
> > a kook and he posted many ad-hominem messages*, but I feel a mini-FAQ would
> > deal with the matter better. Explain the background to his tantrums** and
> > explain how to filter out messages with various mail packages.
>

> Right. I can see it now:
>
>  "Hi, welcome to cypherpunks, it's a realy neat list where we talk about
> crypto and other cool things.  Think of it as a living room or a bar - uh,
> by the way, beware of that stain on the rug called Vulis, he will cause
> lots of flame wars and spew our racist crap, but aside from that your stay
> here will be a pleasant one.  You might want to filter him, here's how..."
>
> Not cool.

Well, we wouldn't do it like _that_...

just say something like

"if you feel the need to flame somebody, consider filtering posts from
them instead, here's how..."

and then proceed to show Vulis as the example ;)

 --Deviant
Slowly and surely the unix crept up on the Nintendo user ...