Re: Secrecy: My life as a nym. (Was: nym blown?)

Black Unicorn makes a lot of good points regarding privacy.  One thing
I wanted to follow up on:

> Unfortunately, in the United States most citizens only become interested
> in privacy in their 20s or so.  By this time it is difficult to overcome
> the mass of information which has been stored up.  (Pseudocide can be an
> attractive option for some perhaps).

I have two kids entering their teens, and I'm sure other list members are
parents as well.  What can we do for our children to help them enter their
adult lives with better chances to retain privacy?  Unicorn mentions keeping
them absent from school on picture day, although I'm not sure how much this
helps.  I suppose it makes it harder for an investigator to find out what
they look(ed) like.  Then when they get old enough to drive you have a new
problem avoiding the photo (and thumbprint) on the license.

Are there other measures which parents could take while their children are
young to get them off to a good start, privacy-wise?

Hal