Re: Money-making ideas for Igor Chudov

On Tue, 12 Nov 1996, Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:

> Date: Tue, 12 Nov 96 22:03:06 EST
> From: "Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM" <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: Money-making ideas for Igor Chudov
>
> aga <[email protected]> writes:
> > >
> > > "Igor 'FUCK MNE HARDER' Chudov @ home" <[email protected]> writes:
> >
> > algebra.com is a suspect domain.
>
> Yes, Dr. Grubor - it's been implicated in Jan Isley's (spit) Usenet vote fraud:

I did not know about that.  I was speaking of another incident
when a user from that domain sent something to my pgh.org

(chop)

> > > (Alternatively, he can even e-mail 6 more issues of worthless advice to tho
> > > who caughed up the $20, so they can't complain. It would be hard to prosecu
> > > Igor without proving that all 8 newsletters were published by the same pers
> > > who's been giving contradictory advice to different people.)
> > >
> > But what Law would you charge him with?
> > Unless you could prove his "intent" I see no way that you
> > could ever prove any case against him.
>
> The intent is to defraud, but shouldn't absolute free speech protect fraud
> and libel?

Fraud always must have theft connected with it, so it is
a crime, but libel is never any crime, and is only civil.
Freedom of speech is no defense to any criminal charge,
but may be to a civil one.

-jg