RE: Remailer Abuse Solutions

On Wed, 13 Nov 1996, Peter Hendrickson wrote:

> At 10:34 AM 11/13/1996, Mullen Patrick wrote:
> > Also,
> > what happens when your long-lost friend comes across your addy and tries to
> > email you?  Surely you don't want to charge postage for an otherwise free
> > service to him/er.  Maintaining a list of "accepted sources" would be a hassle
> > not many people would accept.
>
> Absent highly intrusive global net monitoring techniques, that's what they
> are going to have to do anyway.  E-mail is inexpensive.  The advertiser
> can justify the expense even if generates a small number of leads.  Expect
> more spam.

There is a very simple way of dealing with your long lost friend. And any
other person not on your "free" list. If you find their email worth your
while, you can always give them their money back. For future contact, you
can move your friend on the "free" list.

Frankly, I don't think there is anybody new that I care to communicate with
who wouln't be willing to make a small deposit for initiating communications.

-- Lucky Green <mailto:[email protected]> PGP encrypted mail preferred
   Member JPFO. "America's Aggressive Civil Rights Organization"